Sermon Discussion Questions: July 26, 2015
Sermon Text: Genesis 21:1-34
Loving God's Glory:
- Why should it be unsurprising to us when God fulfills his promises? What does that say about the character of God?
- What does it say about God's character that he had mercy on Hagar and Ishmael even though they weren't a part of the covenant community?
Loving God's People:
- What role does the local church play in helping us navigate this life in the age of exile from our homeland?
- In light of that role, what should our commitment be to each other? Have you made that commitment? Why or why not?
Loving God's World:
- Abimelek made note of Abraham that "God is with you in all that you do." Do you think the world ought to be able to make this observation about us? If so, in what ways?
- As exiles in this world and with the possibility of increased opposition, what do you think are the best ways to go about sharing the gospel?
Comments for this post have been disabled