Worship Preparation: January 11, 2014
Worship Preparation – Sunday, January 11, 2015
1. Ways to use this worship preparation:
• Print it out Friday and place it in your bible for the weekend
• Use it as a family devotion and time of prayer on Saturday evening.
2. Read sermon text: Philippians 3:1-7
3. Read sermon summary: Rejoice in the Lord and place all your confidence in Christ alone. Godly joy guards the church by preserving the pure gospel and displaying the unity of the redeemed community. When our confidence is in Christ alone, our life is reoriented toward God by removing our personal pride and centering Christ as the source of our self-worth.
4. Consider the following song and its relationship to the sermon:
In Christ Alone
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light my strength my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled when strivings cease!
My Comforter my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This Gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my dest-i--ny
No power of hell no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till he returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!
Keith Getty and Stuart Townend
Preaching: Peter Anderson
Comments for this post have been disabled