Worship Preparation: October 26, 2014
Worship Preparation – Sunday, October 26, 2014
1. Ways to use this worship preparation:
• Print it out Friday and place it in your bible for the weekend
• Use it as a family devotion and time of prayer on Saturday evening.
2. Read sermon text: Philippians 1:19-26
3. Read sermon summary: Paul wrote this letter to the Philippians from a Roman prison. Even from prison, Paul could see that God would use his trying circumstances to help with his own sanctification and to exalt Christ. He chose to see these trials not as a bad thing but a good thing. He also chose to see his trials not as a chance to withdraw and sulk but as a chance to step up and engage in the spiritual growth of others. Do we view our trials as a need to step back or do we view our trials as a chance to administer the gospel to others? Let us mimic Paul’s determination to distribute the gospel even from our own suffering.
4. Consider the following song and its relationship to the sermon:
In Christ Alone
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light my strength my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled when strivings cease!
My Comforter my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This Gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid:
Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till he returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!
Keith Getty and Stuart Townend
Preaching: Lindsay O'Dell
Comments for this post have been disabled